Bangkok From the State Tower


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
November 4th 2013
Published: April 12th 2020
Edit Blog Post





Sunset view from "The Hangover Tower."



I tagged along with some awesome Brits to the State Tower for a drink. The view was remarkable but the prices of the drinks were outrageous. Needless to say, the view was worth the price of the drinks. This tower was also where The Hangover 2 was filmed.






"One of the hardest part of traveling is losing the bond that you have formed with another traveler. Someone that you had spent the last week together, sharing a beer and life stories. All of that is ripped out and disappeared when we say our good byes. Although, Facebook and other types of social media helps us stay connected, it cannot replicate the moments shared. This feeling and experience has taught me that in life, the people you know can disappear at any moment. So cherish the moments and live in the present because the past is the past and the future is non-existent.
There are so many emotions in traveling. The places you first visited isn't the same the second time around. Like life on the road, the familiar faces at specific places isn't normally there waiting for you the second time around.
Ran into the Brits from my first night in Bangkok at New Road Guesthouse today. Its always good to see familiar faces. Jade, Kate and Matt. Good people. Also Adam from the Bay and a lad from Holland. Forgot his name, so we decided to call him Dutch Dave. Or Dave for short. The best way to get over missing people is to meet new people. And you do meet a lot of people during your travels."
Journal Entry: 11.04.2013

Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0247s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb