Travelling Up North Oo Arr


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Ayutthaya
May 24th 2006
Published: May 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hiya everyone. Nice to hear from you all.
It is our third day in Ayuthaya which is about 1.30 hours north from Bangkok. When we arrived we couldnt find the place we wanted to stay at, but we came across somewhere much better with really helpful staff!!
We have been to temples and more temples over the last two days. The temples here are older/ruins (see pictures) but also had a little excusrion on the train (5p one way) and then motorbike transport from the station (15p for both of us one way) to a restored palace/temple to save our little leggies for a change (see pictures).
Also we went to Tescos yesterday. It was massive! We had to go on a 20 minute mini bus ride to get there but it was worth it. We bought lovely food (melons, pinapples, apples as well as junky food like donughts, samosas and a really cheap travel kettle so we can eat noodles for dinner instead of bread and water).

For our last day in Bangkok we tried to get a boat down the river to a temple but we missed the last boat. So we tried to walk there but we ended walking past it by miles but we found it in the end! We then decided to get a tuk tuk back but when you want a tuk tuk there are none to be found! Nonetheless, we managed to sneak in without paying so that made up for it. We have found that the temples often try and charge you to go in but there is normally another entrance. Also Bobby wears a stepometre everyday and that day is so far our record with a whopping 43 000 steps (it is recommended to try and walk 10 000 a day).

We were going to see Thai boxing in Bangkok in some festival but it was pouring down with rain and we were drenched so we didnt manage to get there. But we hope to come across it again at some point.

Also we are both wishing paul and adam (The Jimmies) good luck with their exams.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



24th May 2006

A Chip off....
You can certainly make a poooound stretch - I'm prooud of you.
24th May 2006

Hello
Looks like ur having a whale of a time! Wish I could have come along. Got an exam tomorrow so busy revising (well, trying to!). Hope ur still well and enjoying ur selfs. Adam
24th May 2006

Hey
Hi there I've been following your trip so far. Sounds amazing and glad to see your having a good time. Enjoy and keep posting as they cheer me up loads.(last week at uni so trying to finish dissertation and exams etc) Take care love Saskia xxx
24th May 2006

Great Stuff
Just caught up with your journal. Thoroughly enjoying same. Will be watching but not writing so have a great time. John B.
24th May 2006

God. You look as if you are having such a great time and so cheaply!!! No bites yet? You are difffinitely get a bargin with your rooms. Wish we were there. Love Janet, Keith and Scottyxxx
25th May 2006

Fruit
Have you tried Dragon Fruit? Tastes a bit like Kiwi.

Tot: 0.189s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 67; dbt: 0.1253s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb