Next Stop Ayuthaya!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Ayutthaya
October 20th 2005
Published: March 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Sean mixing with the Buddist MonksSean mixing with the Buddist MonksSean mixing with the Buddist Monks

Take note of the sign behind them-i was clearly not welcome
Woke up this morning bright & early and relieved that the 4 days were up and we'd survived!
Pretty eager to get to the next place we decided to catch the bus to Phitsanulok (which is where we had to get the train to Ayuthaya) as soon as we checked out, hoping that they would have more there to see and do as our train wasn't until midnight! Only took 2hrs to get there so arrived about 1pm, so with 11 hrs to go we jumped off the train in search of something to pass the time..there was nothing there!!!!!!!!
We sat on a dirty station for what felt like forever-midnight came-NO TRAIN-plenty of Thai announcements but again no English...great, train nightmare No 2!! Slowly everyone started to disappear, it was just us and the stray dogs! Finally we found someone who just about understood what we were saying-BAD NEWS-the train was delayed, after waiting so bad til midnight we felt like crying :o( until at 1:30am the train pulled up!
We were so tired we literally fell into bed and actually slept until the guard woke us to say we were there. We jumped off the train only to realise it had dropped us a good half a mile walk from the station..desperate to get back to bed we plodded on and finally made it to the hotel. It was such a relief to be in bed at last that we hardly noticed the pillows felt like they were made of concrete :o)

Woke up this afternoon and thought we'd better take a look around as we only had two days here. Was approached by a short fat Thai guy who offered to take temple spotting in his Tuk Tuk, so we jumped in and off we went! He spent a good few hrs taking us around all the famous sights including sleeping buddhas, gold buddhas, fat buddhas you name it!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 60; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb