<<回台湾走走2011>> - Lotus Lake (莲池潭), Kaohsiung


Advertisement
Taiwan&#039;s flag
Asia » Taiwan » Kaohsiung
May 19th 2011
Published: June 12th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Thursday, 19th May 2011


After loitering around at the National Stadium and posing pictures with the 2 mascots for the Kaohsiung World Games 2009, Gao Mei (高妹) and Syong Ge (雄哥), we were off to the Lotus Lake Scenic Area (莲池潭) by 4 in the afternoon.

Getting to the Lotus Lake from Zuoying Station took us a good 30 minutes by footwork. Along the way, we liked to acknowledge a couple of people for making this journey possible :-

1) We liked to thank SS for using her IPhone Google Map Application to guide us through the way. Without which, we might had lose our bearings.

2) We liked to thank ourselves for ordering a huge portion of egg omelette lunch @ 新光三越 food hall to prepare ourselves for the long legwork ahead.

3) We also liked to thank the gods for blessing us with such a beautiful weather today that is neither too sunny nor too humid.

4) Finally, we liked to "thank" that special someone in particular. The forumer who caused us to believe that the Lotus Lake is only a mere 2 minutes walk from Zuoying Station.

"Thank you" from the bottom of my heart for offering such useless tips no matter who you are.

When we finally got to the Lotus Lake Scenic Area, the scenary that greeted before us reaffirmed our beliefs that our long legwork was worth it. Against the setting sun, the charismatic Dragon and Tiger Pagodas as well as the Spring Autumn Pavilions were all the more impressive. We gave our tired legs a complete rest at one of the pavilions before hailing a NT 100 taxi ride back to Zuoying Station.

On our final evening in Kaohsiung, we hit straight to the Ruifang Night Market (MRT: Kaohsiung Arena Station) for our dinner. Compared to Liuhe Market, our dining experience at Ruifang was far more superior as we hit a high note on our last day in the city.

On our way back to the hotel, we did however board the metro going towards the opposite direction.

"You veered off from your intended route but eventually, you still managed to get to your final destination with the added unintended surprise."

That's part and parcel of the travelling experience I guess.

Good night, good-bye & thank you for the wonderful memories, Kaohsiung.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.356s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 27; dbt: 0.3182s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb