At Sea rocking and a rolling


Advertisement
Sri Lanka's flag
Asia » Sri Lanka
June 4th 2014
Published: June 9th 2014
Edit Blog Post

03/06/14



At Sea. Lachlan’s birthday today happy birthday mate. Today we will maintain a South Westerly course across the Andaman Sea towards Bengal Bay. The Andaman Sea is a body of water to the southeast of the Bay of Bengal, south of Myanmar, west of Thailand, north west of Malay Peninsula, north of Sumatra, and east of the Andaman Islands. The Andaman Sea is part of the Indian Ocean.

Today at 10:00 a.m. the ship will be conducting a piracy drill routine. Broadcasts and alarms will sound from the bridge. Passengers are to head to their staterooms, prop the doors open, sit as far inboard as possible, and listen to instructions from ships personnel. All sounds pretty exciting to me, I have even noticed the ships side has fire hoses placed in position ready to thwart off any attackers. Captain Phillips movie was played the other night, and an interesting comment from one of the passengers was made, whereby he said instead of using water to fend off the attackers, why not use sewerage, great idea in my opinion. But it could possibly make the Somali pirates smell a bit better. I found out today that we will be in pirate waters for the next two weeks.

Used the Go Pro for the first time in water yesterday, to view the video you will need to access my Facebook page, not much to look at though. I have also posted a video of a fireworks event taking place at a Buddhist temple, this happened just as we got off the bus right next to us, gave us all quite a start I can tell you.



04/06/14



At sea. During the day we will maintain a West South Westerly course across Bengal Bay. The Bay of Bengal, the largest bay in the world, forms the Northwestern part of the Indian Ocean. Roughly triangular in shape, it is bordered mostly by India, and Sri Lanka, to the west, Bangladesh to the north, and Myanmar, and the Andaman and Nicobar Islands to the east. The Bay of Bengal occupies and area of 2,172,000 KM2.



There has been a bit if unsettling weather the past two days, with rain yesterday and a slight swell. The swell is minimal though similar to slight turbulence as if in an airplane.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.027s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb