Headline News: Steve Holland in non-Cuzza Shocker !!


Advertisement
Sri Lanka's flag
Asia » Sri Lanka
February 2nd 2006
Published: February 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Islington Gazette Headline



Steve Holland in non-Cuzza Shocker !!

In a surprising turn of events, Islington local Steve Holland was spotted out last Tuesday in an English Restaurant - The Hill Club in Kandy. The significance of this cannot be under estimated, as for the last 15 years, the self confessed curry-a-hollic has celebrated on that date - his birthday - with a Chicken Madras and several Kingfishers.

On catching up with him outside the restaurant he had this to say:

" Well - you know - we've been in India and Sri Lanka for 6 weeks, and if you think we've had a curry for breakfast, lunch and dinner most days - then that adds up to one hell of a lot of wind! Seemed appropriate to 'Go for an English'....and I quite fancied a bit of dressing up - Jacket and Tie required old boy - and all that ."

Steve certainly seemed to be enjoying himself, as he and his lovely girlfriend Louise staggered off into the distance, still suffering from stiff legs as a result of the Adams Peak climb, and not, as our roving reported had witnessed - due to the several bottles of fine Chilean wine drunk that evening.

The next morning, looking a tad worse for wear, he also had this to say -

" Hello to all my fans - We are having a great time here in the mountains. Still a bit knackered after the Adams Peak climb. However, Nuria Ellia is a great little town - full of racecourses, post offices, mansions, gardens and a lovely laid back feel. An early morning expedition to Hortons Plain - part Scottish Highlands and part Arfican Savannah has certainly blown the cobwebs out. We are looking forward to the train ride across the mountains to Ella gap - the views are said to be superb".

Footnote: In a strange, and somewhat American twist to the tale, Islington Gazette has found out that the Islington Indian Restaurant Association are planning a class action law suit for loss of earnings over the last few months. P. Patel said - " Feb 2nd was the last straw. We normally treat this day as a special New Year bonus. We though they would be home soon, but it's getting desperate...it's time for action"

S&L


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

The Nicola Harries Memorial Tea GardenThe Nicola Harries Memorial Tea Garden
The Nicola Harries Memorial Tea Garden

..to celebrate the 1 millionth cup of tea as drunk by Ms Harries
Hortons PlainHortons Plain
Hortons Plain

...or was it Scotland?


15th February 2006

I am honoured at my tea garden. I shall toast your health this afternoon with my million and first cuppa! Belated happy birthday!
15th February 2006

Scouse bum
Admit it Steve you only went on this trip cos the gunners are crap mate..... ps Happy Birthday
17th February 2006

Have you had the curd and treacle? - delicious.
19th February 2006

Nice suit
Do you get to keep the suit? And to think you never want to dress up for Wortham ... If you're wondering about the weather here - http://www.jcassidy.f2s.com/weather.html

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb