Galle


Advertisement
Sri Lanka's flag
Asia » Sri Lanka
September 14th 2006
Published: November 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Spent a few boring days just staying around the hotel. I've been feeling really tired and listless, maybe as a result of the treatments. Went to Galle today, an old Dutch fort town, on a trip run from the hotel. It was good to go somewhere different, and this time headed south so I saw a different part of the island, there still seems to be a lot of damage from the tsunami (the hotel I'm staying in was completely demolished). On the trip with me is James, from London. It was so good to have someone to talk to in English and not have to think about how you're putting things across. I don't think I shut up to be honest! In Galle we went to a "museum" which was actually some mans collection of everything that could be collected.....plates, coins, medical instruments, lighters, royal memorabilia....... and that was really a front for a huge jewellery shop. "Interesting" comment of the day? “It’s because of the Jews that diamonds are so expensive!” We also call at a mask factory, but can't understand a word that the woman explaining it is saying!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.176s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 73; dbt: 0.1293s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb