Life's a beach...


Advertisement
Sri Lanka's flag
Asia » Sri Lanka » Southern Province » Unawatuna
February 12th 2006
Published: February 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Oh well...you know...after a few months travelling - one needs a holiday. Cue the South Coast of Sri Lanka (Tangalle & Unawatuna). Picture perfect beaches, turtle watching & setting free, rooms 10 steps from the water, watching Arsenal play live on Sat at 9pm with the sand in our toes (1-1 Bolton - close shave - but at least Chelsea lost).

Not much more to say really....

S&L
x

PS: Actually - there is a little bit. This was the area hit by the Tsunami. We heard some harrowing tales from people who were actually there, and who had lost loved ones and friends. It's difficult to tell how things really are - in most areas there seems to be a lot of new building and 'sponsored' projects, but we were also told that things are still far from perfect. Indeed, some of the areas we saw later were still very badly affected, with people living in shocking temporary accomodation and a general mess. Difficult to know how to feel really - you so want to help - but the real effort needs to come from the government and other authorities...but you hear time and time again that the corruption and lack of effectiveness was a real problem. I hope that the money we spent and gave has helped some people in some ways !


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Galle FortGalle Fort
Galle Fort

..a beautiful old 'fort' area - with lovely quiet streets and expensive European beautique hotels
Our hotel in UnnawatunaOur hotel in Unnawatuna
Our hotel in Unnawatuna

..it was 6 steps from hotel to sea - really !!
What a cutie...What a cutie...
What a cutie...

....and a lovely 'just hatched' turtle also
Lobster frenzyLobster frenzy
Lobster frenzy

...nothing like Hellshire beach Jamaica
Happiness is........Happiness is........
Happiness is........

..sand between your toes and a large screen TV !!


Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0351s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb