The Korean War


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea
January 22nd 2014
Published: January 22nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

The war took place in the Korean peninsula, which was later divided into South Korea and North Korea. The main and only cause of the Korean War is that the Korean peninsula (land surrounded by bodies of water) was split between the United States and Russia. The Russian had north of the peninsula, and its government was selfishly take over south of the peninsula. When North Korea invaded South Korea, which occurred in 1950, the United States took the role of defending South Korea. In short words, the war was caused by a dispute over having power over land. Because the North Korea was a communist and the South was a capitalist there was tension between the two, both government wanted to have control. The results of the Korean War is independent countries: South Korean and North Korea. There were boarders divided between the two. Another major cause of the war is the massive lost of population. There were an estimate of ten million people dead after the Korean War. Although, the significance of the Korean War is that today Korea is still split into its own countries with two different governments, flags, and way of life for the citizens. However, there is still tension between South and North Korea, for they never signed a peace treaty after the Korean War.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.164s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0287s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb