Armenian Genocide


Advertisement
Armenia's flag
Asia » Armenia
February 4th 2014
Published: February 4th 2014
Edit Blog Post

There were several people interviewed. These people experienced the time of the Armenian Genocide, and they discuss their memory as to what occurred. The Turk soldiers went into the schools and took away all the teachers and staff. In addition to, all celebrities, lawyers, doctors, entrepreneurs were taken away first (basically all successful Armenians). Those who were taken were never seen again. One women explains how her father always mentioned that there were "good" Turks. The women's father used to say that if it weren't for the "good" Turks, they wouldn't have survived. The women explains that the "good" Turks would warn the Armenians and tell them to leave and not pack up any belongings just leave. They would recommend the Armenians to run to the church and hide there from the Turks. The church was the only safe place, for the Turks did not check there. The Turks were doing whatever they wanted to the people. One man list actions that the Turks did: arrest, kill, rape, burn. The Armenians evacuated their homes, and the Turks took all their belongings. The Armenian's belongings were sold in auctions to the Turks. As a child, the young girl was separated from her father, who went to the army and was killed. The men were told that they were going to the army, while the elderly were hold in prisons. Many men were taken and shot or their heads were cut off. After families were separated, many Armenians began to walk for hours and were then put into buses and were converted to Islam. After saying prayers and being converted, the Armenian's names were changed, and they continued to walk. While walking, the young Armenians experienced their people being hanged; they were terrified. Any Armenian that was seen, caught, they were to be killed immediately. They had no food, barely any clothes on, and no money. They would then be caught by the Turks, who would take away whatever they could from the Armenians. One women explains how a Turk ran after women, and she explains a time when a man found a pregnant women. The man cut her stomach with her sword and took the baby out. She then explains how the baby began to cry, so he then chopped the babies head off. The Armenians explain how it is impossible to forget what they have experienced. They emphasize how scared they are for what they experienced at such a young age.

Source:

Voices"


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0469s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb