First port in Korea !


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Ulsan
August 24th 2007
Published: August 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well welcome to the first port in korea. I am sorry that i have not taken the time to update my pics lately. But here are the ones from Pohang, i hope you enjoy !


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Youth Missions conferenceYouth Missions conference
Youth Missions conference

We were invited to attend a youth missions conference the first week or so we were in town. This is just a pic of the place where we were. We all introduced our selves and someone gave a short message !
Book sellingBook selling
Book selling

Our director has written a book about the ship and diffrent storys about the doulos. At the missions conference we sold his book. I am sorry to say that it is only in korean so most of you will not be able to enjoy it
City ViewCity View
City View

We were invited on a tour of the city and I was able to take this pic of the city view. The city it self is nice but far from the port were the ship is located.
City view 2City view 2
City view 2

On the tour we had we went to the city hall and visted the mayor. City hall was a big place and we went to the roof for the view so I was able to take another city view!
Eating Ministry ??Eating Ministry ??
Eating Ministry ??

This was a pic of the tour being taken out for lunch. I think there was like 50 of us and we all sat on the floor and ate lunch. This was on the the first on the floor experinces for me !
PoscoPosco
Posco

Posco is koreas largest steel factory, we were given a tour of the plant as well. It was really neat to see how steel was made from start to finish. I enjoyed it. Our ship director met the founder of posco, who was very nice to allow us to have a full tour.
East koreaEast korea
East korea

We went to the the place where the sun first rises in korea. It is kind of a tourist place and there was a big hand in the water. Not really sure if it had any meaning of some sort but it was cool anyways !
Hiking !Hiking !
Hiking !

Had the chance to get out and go hiking on a day off. So were went to find some water falls ! I enjoy hiking in the mountains quite a bit actually !!
Hiking !Hiking !
Hiking !

Korea has some very nice places to hike. The river water is so clear and so nice.
Coffee ?Coffee ?
Coffee ?

Ha we were in the middle of the hiking trail and we found a coffee vending machine. It was funny because we were already kind of hot and there was vending machine which served hot coffee....


Tot: 0.211s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1298s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb