KOREA. Traveling the streets. Day 4.


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Seoul
April 4th 2016
Published: June 18th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 37.5323, 126.957

We walked through the streets and there are so many arty and cool things just on the side of the road. INSA-DONGAnother little artsy place with a shopping complex that has no stairs but is about 3 stories high. The shops are all on a slope so you don't really realize that you are going up this slight slope until you reach the top floor. It's really very special. In the Main Street there was an art exhibition of a Korean artist Hyun-Jung Kim. Her art work showed herself in traditional Korean dress but doing really cool modern things like Snow Boarding and shopping with a shopping cart. Very cool.Bukchon Hanok Village.This is an old Korean village that is still lived in today. Some of the houses are open so you can see how they are inside. The roads are very small and most are up hill. The houses are all very traditional and they seem to be repairing the older houses to their former glory. On the outskirts of the this area there are some modern houses but they are still a little stylized.Hongik University Area.This area is full of street art. It really is very cool. Huge murals to various small stickers. You are constantly searching and looking at all of the cool art work.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0322s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb