KOREA. Traveling the streets. Day 3.


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Seoul
April 3rd 2016
Published: June 18th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 37.5323, 126.957

DMZ. De - Militarizations - ZoneThis was the high light of the holiday.We arranged a tour through the hotel.YOU NEED TO HAVE YOUR PASSPORT FOR THIS TRIP.The bus was full of people.The barbed wire fence with all of the colorful ribbons tied to it was very pretty.This area is very secure and very serious.Before entering this area a guard come onto the bus and controlled everyone's passport. It was a little scary. You where told not to take photos.<br style="color: rgb(33, 33, 33); font-family: wf_segoe-ui_normal, 'Segoe UI', 'Segoe WP', Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13.3333px; line-height: normal;">We drove through this very odd area where there where people living and working the land. In the DMZ?There is a tunnel that goes down towards North Korea. We all walked down and the tunnel and it was very steep. I was just dreading the walk back up. The story was that the North Korean said that they where mining for coal and the tunnel just happens to be heading through the DMZ and straight towards South Korea. The only problem was there was no coal to be seem but they had painted the tunnel black so it looked like coal!?! Very interesting but also very silly.Yes the walk up was a little tough but well worth the visit. Now to the lookout area. There are soldiers everywhere. <br style="color: rgb(33, 33, 33); font-family: wf_segoe-ui_normal, 'Segoe UI', 'Segoe WP', Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13.3333px; line-height: normal;">Young and old. There is a very wide yellow line and you could only toke photos from behind the yellow line. They are very strict about this. This yellow line was about 3 meters from the actual lookout area. They where very vigilant and a few people had their cameras taken from then and the photos where deleted.We had photos taken with the guards but of corse they where on the right side of the yellow line.Dorasan Station.I don't think the train track from the South to North has every been in use but in theory the next stop is Pyeongyang in North Korea.This station is practically brand new and is more like an art museum and it visited by tourists and not used by locals.ITAEWON.This area is very cool and arty. There are lots of cool little restaurants and murals everywhere.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0211s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb