Sungnam City.


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Seoul
September 8th 2006
Published: September 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Seongnam city MapSeongnam city MapSeongnam city Map

Real "english" freindly. All good, walk down the stairs and there is one in English!
One thing that I have to give to the Korean people is the fact that they will never go hungry here.

Ever corner, subway, street has at least 10 restuarants on them, and if there is no restuarant, there is a vending machine serving food.

I have done my "get to know you area" walks over the recent days, and have seen some interesting things

Much of the sity scenary is like Hong Kong - bright neon signs everywhere - except all the streets are for food places.

Sungnam main street does have what is called "Ubiquotis Mart" which is a multi storey shopping centre for clothes.

Buying clothes is not the cheapest however, but food is - with a big meal costing 4000 won (or 7 AUD).

Tonite I decided to walk to the meat market to have a look. Probably not the best thing to do, cause there were alot of caged animals (Ducks, chickens, goats and DOGS)!...The stench from this place was bad, so I made a very quick exit. (might have to go back for some photo's).

Korean people in general aer nice, but they are also very rude if
Yes these stairsYes these stairsYes these stairs

About 40 steps in these
they do not know you.

Apart from that, there are conviences like home (7-11's, etc).

I have also found a nice place behind the school to eat every night, which is run by a chinese couple (who don't speak Cantonese or English). Getting use to eating Bibimbap and Bulgogi every day/night.

Koreans are also a very fit lot. If they aren't working hard, they are playing hard.

You also have to be very fit to be Korean, as if you are not walking up a steep street (which 90% of streets are), your walking up stairs, or vice versa (down hills/down stairs).

Let's just say Koreans probably have the most toned legs of all races.

Public Phones are a bit of a hassle, as there are 3 different kinds of phones, which take different phone cards.

Apart from that, it is now say 6, turning into day 7, with which means I have 12 days left before I leave the high school.

Stay tuned for the next blog in the coming days.

Colbs.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

StaplesStaples
Staples

Bibimbap - hot pot rice
What to do to lose weight in Korea.What to do to lose weight in Korea.
What to do to lose weight in Korea.

1. Drink these 2. Walk the stairs in picture 2 3. Repeat step 2 30 to 40 times. 4. Go back to step one 5. Do every day for 18 days.
ThirstyThirsty
Thirsty

There is practically one of these on every street corner
Wanna Drink?Wanna Drink?
Wanna Drink?

The large selection at the convience store I frequented.
BreakfastBreakfast
Breakfast

Bulgogi - in a stew...Yum!
Dont' forget the side dishesDont' forget the side dishes
Dont' forget the side dishes

With every meal....
Feel sick?Feel sick?
Feel sick?

Down two of these every 4 hours for 2 days.
Want somewhere to eat?Want somewhere to eat?
Want somewhere to eat?

Pick on...cause pretty much every shop on this street is a restuarant.
Find a park....Find a park....
Find a park....

This is the only patch I could find...


Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0208s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb