Korea Open Final day


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Seoul
September 9th 2006
Published: September 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The Australian team's final day at the Korean Open proved to be a mixed bag.

We came away with one Bronze and One Silver.

Dounia (Friend and fellow VTA club member) fought very well today, but was KO'ed by the Korean girl in her final fight. Up until that point, Dounia was evenly matched with her.

Despite the KO, she fought very well, with this being her second international event.

Duncan (South African team) fought as well, but was unfortunate to meet Korea in his fight. Alot of the play went Korea's way despite Duncan fighting very well.

Alot of the scoring is questionable, even though you may have hit, usually it does not register or the Korean player gets the score. This has been the main theme through this tournement.

Despite that, tonite is the final night for many of the national teams in korea, with most, if not all the teams leaving for Thailand tomorrow or monday.

I have managed to make good freinds with some of the Phillipines team members, and there coach, who have helped me with travelling around Seoul, and showing me how to use the subway (which takes some getting use to).

On the topic of the subway, it is a very interesting place to see the Koreans. Alot of them carry with them mini tvs, or tvs in there mobile phones, which they can use in the subways and watch public tv. Now and again though, the cabin in puntuated by korean women trying to sell the public something - mostly kitchen products - reminds me of the Demos ads we had a tv (but wait there's more!).

I also managed to visit Lotte World today on the way home from the World Cup - like Chadstone shopping centre, but on a MUCH LARGER scale - Ice Skating rinks, theme park, shopping centre, food courts, kids corner, theme museum, swimming pool, etc - you name it, they probably have it at Lotte World. I spent about 15 mins there before I called it a day.

Tomorrow I will be spending some time with the Pung Sueng boys at the high School competition, which should be interesting.

Already been here 8 days, have lost 3 kgs, and with the days ticking away, it wont be long before I get home.

Looking forward to a hot shower when I get home - cause you guessed it - NO HOT WATER!

C.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0565s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb