1st full day of training


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Seoul
September 5th 2006
Published: September 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

7:00am wake up this morning for training.

We were told to run about 20 mins around the hall, progressively getting faster and faster as we went.

Needless to say, i died in the arse about half way...and that was only warm up.

After the warm up, we continued and did sprints around the make shift track in the hall...4 laps of sprinting, then rest. This continued for 5 times, before we were able to get a drink.

We then did sprints again, this time for 20 meters, for 10 times. Then 10 meters for 5 times.

This was proceeded straight after by shuttle runs/suicides - which means you run back and forth 3 times, from one end of the hall to the other, and back again. (To give you an idea of the size of the hall, it is about 50 meters by 50 meters.

We ended up doing shuttle runs for about 10 times, before training was over....this was just morning training. I then proceed straight back to my bed, where I slept for about 1.5 hours....

Afternoon training started at 2:30, and consisted of general warm up exercises to begin with, followed by mitt kicking for about 45 mins.

I was then given the chance to watch some of the Thai, Phillipines and Korean players to sparr. Needless to say, I was awestruck by how they all moved, as the intensity picks up 10 notches. Lets just say there are legs everywhere and you can't really see who has scored, but all you hear are load pops on the body sheild when someone scores. This lasted for about 30 mins, before the end of the session.


Evening training started at 7:30pm, and was free time. You did what you wanted to, whether it was mitt kicking, point sparring, etc. The atmosphere is very relaxed at this stage, but I have been warned that this changes as the coach may come and start training us..

I then proceeded back to my bed, as I was told we are doing this all again tomorrow....



Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.022s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb