Pajama Par tay... it just doesn't get any better!


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Seoul » Gangnam
October 24th 2007
Published: October 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Pajama PartyPajama PartyPajama Party

Ashley and I pausing for a photo op
So I know I am a little late in posting this, seeing as tho Pajama Party was last week and all but it was such a good time that it has taken me this long to recouperate. So here is the low down on what this Pajama party business is all about. Every year at Sullivan School there are two opportunities for the parents to come in and watch their children to see how they are doing. Basically, its where us teachers have to bust our butts and get something "rehearsed" for the kids to "perform" so that the parents are happy with what their children are learning in school. And when the parents see how wonderful their lovely children are doing this makes them very very happy ($$) which in turn makes my boss very very happy ($$) which in the long run makes my life very very very happy ($$). Anyways, the first parent conference we had was basically for all the moms to come in during the day and watch the kids and ask any questions that they may have....and the second parent conference was at night and prepared more for the dads.

So my kids arrived
Pajama PartyPajama PartyPajama Party

Jenna and Ashley....cuties!
promptly at 5:30 pm and were ready to get the party started. Now the whole theme behind the Pajama Party is that the kids get to wear their pj's all night...we tried to persuade our boss to let the teachers also wear our pajamas but it was a big no dice on that. Oh well, moving on....as we prepared the kids to get the night started their wonderful moms were preparing dinner downstairs. Needless to say the spread that was awaiting us when we went outside was more food than I have seen since I have been in Korea! It was amazing....and then good thing was that because there are 9 classes Pajama party went on for three nights, in which all the teachers ate and ate and ate and well you get the point...soooo goooood~
And now back to the party....the kids were awesome! Our group of teachers was myself, Christine who teaches elephany class, and Jasmine who teaches Koala class and the night ended up being so much fun. We made T-shirts with the kids, played some bingo, read some stories, and had our own fall musical performance with our music teacher Mr. James. The night went off
Pajama PartyPajama PartyPajama Party

Simon who insisted on bringin his transformer picture everywhere that evening! He's such a cool kid...
without a glich, the dads had a great time, the kids let out some well deserved energy and the teachers, although thoroughly exhausted the next day also had a great time.
As you can see from the pictures we really know how to have a good time~!!

Can't believe that November is around the corner and how awesome the weather has been here...and back home...you lucky ducks, Pluss 22 the other day! Nice work...although as much as we all hate to admit, winter is on the way. Well maybe not so much for me, I will be thinking of you all when I am on the beach in Thailand on Christmas morning. Definately excited! Anyways, since I am on a blogging bender you will all here from me soon!
Take care and I love you all so so much!
Hugs and kisss T~


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Pajama PartyPajama Party
Pajama Party

Jun and Angelica
Pajama PartyPajama Party
Pajama Party

Amanda... do you really sleep with that on your head?
Pajama PartyPajama Party
Pajama Party

Outside lookin in...doesn't this look like a great place?
Pajama PartyPajama Party
Pajama Party

The Partay scene...
Pajama PartyPajama Party
Pajama Party

showing dad how its done
Pajama PartyPajama Party
Pajama Party

Simon and mom!
Pajama PartyPajama Party
Pajama Party

Dad and Amanda...lookin good!
Pajama PartyPajama Party
Pajama Party

Jenna and Dad...SMILE!~
Pajama PartyPajama Party
Pajama Party

Look what I did~!! I am sooo great...
Pajama PartyPajama Party
Pajama Party

Singing away...I love these kids~!
Pajama PartyPajama Party
Pajama Party

here we are again...


Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0901s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb