Restish Day in Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
June 20th 2015
Published: June 27th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Today we woke up to the voice message of Adam Apples on our room message banks, the Reids are in the house. Not only that but they were staying just across the hall. Called them back and 2 minutes later we had Jack on our doorstep trailed by Tom.

I managed to squeeze in a quick morning gym session then we went down and had some breakfast with the Reids and plan the events of the day. We decided on a nice easy day and a tour of some of the local areas. So we jumped some cabs and headed off to the gardens inside the dome, maybe find a dome within a dome.

Some nice photos, purchase some tickets and we soon found ourselves inside the beautiful air-conditioned gardens. Some cool timer sculptures and some nice plants. The mood was often lightened by the group of bald, pink, chick monks or the frequent giggle of watching people do selfies. None would match the Asian lady who selfied so hard she ended up walking backwards and finding herself arse first into the garden.

The first dome was good the second dome was better. This was had a mad man made cliff thing with waterfall and elevated walk platforms. The high ones were a little scary for LBS (little Becky Saunders) who stayed on the solid terra firma. The only problem being that after the walk we got spat out on the outside and left her on the inside.

After the domes we made our way over to a little water park where Tom, Oli and myself ran the water gauntlet to the tune of Disney classics for a while. This was lovely and refreshing. Dry time, then back into the heat and off to Chinatown for some eats.

We made our way down the many streets just barley resisting the urge to buy some purple tailored suits. We came to a street full of food hawkers and each went out to get our own lunch treat. Yum!

The afternoon was completely free, so the only thing to do was to grab some beers and drink by the pool. Hard to fault.

From the pool to the mall across the road and time for dinner. Sorted the kids out with some pizza and the adults tucked in some Japanese with cheap Asahi and steamboat aplenty. Good night was had by all but it was going to be a big day again tomorrow with Universal Studio on the cards!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0357s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb