Bye Bye the hair!


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
April 9th 2006
Published: May 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

After another shocker of am overnight journey, we reached Singapore, and unsuprisingly we didn't learn from our mistakes and were again hostel-less at about 5am.
Fortunately we'd met someone earlier who'd been to Singapore and we could just about remember the name of it, so we were luckily able to stay there. Although we could have stayed with the scariest man in Singapore, who was on our bus and decided he'd offer us a plce to stay in his flat...no thanks.
Singapore, again, is quite a nice city, and if you had enough money it'd be an awesome place to go with the night safri, the huge zoo, underwater world and Sentosa which is a cool island just off its coast.
However, we didn't have a lot of money, so most of time was either horrendously abusing the free internet at the hostel, or walking aimlessly around the city. Although at one momentous occasion I did finally decide it was about time for the hair to go. The general idea was a good one considering the state of my head, however there would have been better times to have had the idea, seeing as the "hairdresser" spoke NO English, and pointing is quite a hard way to convey the type of cut you want.
During the first night here we headed down to the waterfront because that was where all the bars were. After about 5 minutes of looking and realising prices were just as much London we decided a visit to Maccy-D's was in order, so the rest of the night was spent in there with copious amounts of double cheeseburgers for about 80p each...it was agood night.
The night after that we had a clear plan in mind, manage to watch the Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal vs.Man U game in a bar whilst spending as little money as possible. Needless to stay he headed for Hooters, where we managed to stay for about 5 1/2 hours before getting chucked out.
While we were in Singapore, the Singapore Sevens was going on, and whilst we were in Hooters we saw the whole of the England team walk past, including Dan Luger and Henry Paul!
The definite highlight though was once again in Maccy-D's, this time at the airport waiting for a plane to Oz, and the whole of the Fiji team walked in, including Serevi, so that was awesome!
Thats all there's really to say about Singapore, because although its a really nice city, it was pretty expensive so we didn't really get to do much of it.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0344s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb