Towers, Markets...and another Tower


Advertisement
Asia
April 7th 2006
Published: May 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

So after a 21 hour bus journey going not a particualrly long way, we finally ended reached Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia, at about 5 in the morning!
Having got there we finally ralised a big error...we had no clue where we were gonna stay. Fortunately a Malaysian guy was waiting to meet the bus when it stopped, and he said he owned a guesthouse. This seriously couldn't have worked out better, it was a really nice place, and it couldn't have been closer to the Petaling Street "Chinatown" Market, and this was one of our most frequently visited, and favourite parts of Asia.
After again catching up on a lot of missed sleep again, we decided it was time to hit the market. It's kinda layed out in the shape of a massive cross, with the two parts being about 200 and 100 metres long, and in every possible space theres another stall selling anything you could ever need, for just ridiculously cheap prices.
Throughout our numerous trips to the market about 60 DVD's, shorts, shirts, watches, wallets and sunglasses where bought between us, and now that I'm in Australia and I genuinly miss it!
The next day we decided to head to the major landmark in KL, The Petronas Towers. When we got off the underground and saw the towers for the first time, we couldn't believe how big they were. They seem even bigger aswell because there aren't many other big buildings surrounding them, so its just them sticking out in to the sky.
The towers, when built, was the tallest building in the world at 1483ft, and still are the tallest towers! The great thing about the toers is that you're able to go up to the skybridge connecting the two towers on the 41st floor for free, and you can see the whole of Kl which is pretty cool.
The next day, after lots more time and money spent at the markets, we decided we missed towers, so we decided to head to the Menara Tower. Again we were able to go up, this time to the panaoramic observation deck at 276m, and from here you really can see everything!
Thats kinda it for KL and Malaysia, because the vast majority of time was spent in the market or up a tower, but it is an awesome city, and one I'd definitly love to go back to sometime.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb