SINGAPORE


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
October 9th 2009
Published: October 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

SINGAPORESINGAPORESINGAPORE

Yes please... I will have one of these... in black...
Location: Singapore, Sentosa Island, Pulau Ubin
Length of Stay: 11 days
Cost per Day: $ 42

Lamborghini's, Maserati's, Ferrari's.... amazing and everywhere...
What an incredibly prosperous and dynamic city Singapore is and such a refreshing change after Bali... There is construction, redevelopment, restoration going on everywhere... and the city has an air of confidence and assuredness about it which is very infectious... It makes it a very attractive place to be...

I was thinking... Singapore the country really only consists of Singapore the city + a few small islands...
How easy is that for the government to manage... They can channel all their energies, resources and money into making their one and only city a great city... No wonder everything is so organised and efficient...

While only short, I have absolutely loved my time here... and could quite easily see myself making Singapore my permanent home...
It's modern, cosmopolitan, fashionable, multicultural, forward thinking, civilised and most important... clean...
The people are fantastic, extremely friendly and very stylish...

And for anyone that has not ventured into Asia before, Singapore is the perfect place to start as they do the East meets West thing so perfectly...

Its not
SINGAPORESINGAPORESINGAPORE

oh...and I suppose I should have one of these as well... for the weekend...
a budget destination like other Asian countries by any means, however I would still come back here again and again.
Shopping of course on Orchard Rd is what Singapore is famous for and it doesnt disappoint...
All the luxury brands are here in abundance and everything else as well...
Its I guess the massive variety of choice that you will find here... Definately a fabulous place to come if you want to spend up on a elegant and stylish corporate wardrobe...
The Singapore girls are gorgeous... They all dress so beautifully for the office...

Food... Well, with my love of Indian, I was very happy to venture into Little India each and every nite... They were in the middle of their annual Deepavali festival, so all the streets were brightly lit up at nite... Fantastic place to go... I honestly cant wait till I hit India...

Accommodation was outstanding for a hostel... I stayed in an area called Kampong Glam... which is the Muslim quarter. Fantastic location being a short walk to Little India, Bugis St and MRT's... If you like walking, then I found it also quite easy to make the walk into Orchard Rd, Chinatown, CBD, Marina Bay area from here... and of course the beautiful Raffles hotel is only a mere 10min away...
Sleepy Sams was the hostel/guesthouse I stayed in and if anyones heading here... I highly recommend... Apparently its owned by an Aussie/Kiwi...

Had a wonderful time catching up with my friend Andrew, although far too short...
And of course befriended some lovely locals... along with some fabulous fellow backpackers at the hostel...
I get such a buzz from connecting with people of other cultures/countries...

Next stop... back to Indonesia for another 30 days... this time 2 weeks in Java and 2 weeks in Sumatra...
Till next time...

Nic x

P.S... I am sorry TD but no recipes for this blog either... I shall do my best to find something nice for the next blog... x









Additional photos below
Photos: 156, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

SINGAPORESINGAPORE
SINGAPORE

The very beautiful Raffles Hotel...
SINGAPORESINGAPORE
SINGAPORE

The Raffles lobby...
SINGAPORESINGAPORE
SINGAPORE

The Raffles lobby...
SINGAPORESINGAPORE
SINGAPORE

The Raffles lobby...
SINGAPORESINGAPORE
SINGAPORE

The Raffles lobby...
SINGAPORESINGAPORE
SINGAPORE

The courtyard area...
SINGAPORESINGAPORE
SINGAPORE

The pristine walkways of Raffles...
SINGAPORESINGAPORE
SINGAPORE

My Singapore Sling in the Long Bar at Raffles... I have wanted to go there for absolutely ever... a must do outing if you go to Singapore...
SINGAPORESINGAPORE
SINGAPORE

Colourful chopsticks in Chinatown...
SINGAPORESINGAPORE
SINGAPORE

gorgeous fabrics...
SINGAPORESINGAPORE
SINGAPORE

Chinese slippers...
SINGAPORESINGAPORE
SINGAPORE

Silk purses in Chinatown...
SINGAPORESINGAPORE
SINGAPORE

Belly Dancing...
SINGAPORESINGAPORE
SINGAPORE

Gorgeous perfume bottles in the Kampong Glam - Muslim quarter...
SINGAPORESINGAPORE
SINGAPORE

There are some beautiful fabric stores in the Muslim quarter ...
SINGAPORESINGAPORE
SINGAPORE

Paper Mache eggs...
SINGAPORESINGAPORE
SINGAPORE

Indian slippers...


9th October 2009

Hi
Lovely Nicole. I really enjoy your blogs and the many photos (especially the photos, I love sitting and studying them). Ahh, a Singapore Sling at Raffles, what a fabulous time you are having. Can't wait for the next post. xxxT

Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb