Altitude Dining @ The Chatterbox Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
April 26th 2009
Published: April 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Saturday, 25th April 2009



Ever since I left my previous employer late last year, our monthly lunch outing with S have to be rescheduled to weekends. Last Saturday marked our 24th outing since I left my first job in April 2007. Thanks to the HSBC 1 For 1 Hi-Tea Promotion, we need not have to spend a huge fortune to dine at the Chatterbox Restaurant. This was yet another great find at the heart of Orchard Road.


Located at the 39th Floor of the Meritius Mandarin, Chatterbox commanded an excellent vantage point of Singapore. The restaurant no longer revolves but we were seated next to the window where we could take in the view of the city as well as the central catchment area of Singapore. The view itself was well worth the $18 we paid for the Hi-Tea buffet. Considering the Taipei 101 Observatory charges the same price for admission. The restaurant was located at the same spot vacated by the Top of the M Buffet Restaurant.


The spread was decent and the Little Nyona Theme was given the limelight today. Together with the pastries and desserts, it was relatively fulfiling as we took our "lunch" and "dinner" at the restaurant. Singapore may not have the many attractions to keep an average visitor occupied. But certainly, dining at an altitude above the chaotic Orchard Road is a highly recommended activity.




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.417s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 80; dbt: 0.3039s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb