Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
December 8th 2008
Published: March 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The Fountain of WealthThe Fountain of WealthThe Fountain of Wealth

It didn't work for us. We have to head back to Australia and get jobs to pay for the trip
After our two and a half weeks of relaxing in Phuket we headed to Singapore for the final 3 days of our trip. We arrived around midday on Saturday, and didn't do a lot on the first afternoon as it was raining - something it did the whole time we were there.

Our hotel was located at one end of Orchard Rd so we did a bit of shopping while we were there, as well as the usual tourist bus tour of the city. We caught the train into Clarke Quay on our first night in town and had a very enjoyable dinner sitting overlooking the river. Afterwards we wandered around the river, through the restaurant strip in Boat Quay where the spruikers out the front of the restaurants just wouldn't say no, and then caught the train back to Orchard Road.

Apart from that we didn't do much. We had plans to do a couple of the touristy things while we were there (Changin Prison, Sentosa Island) but a combination of the continual rain, and a general apathy after 9 months away meant we just didn't get around to them.

Tuesday 11th December finally arrived, and we caught a taxi out to the airport for our final flight, and the end of the trip. While we were both looking forward to getting home and catching up with family and friends it was still slightly sad to think that the trip of a lifetime was drawing to a close. We boarded our first Qantas flight of the trip to take us to Perth, and knew we were getting close to home when they were playing Missy Higgins over the PA as we took our seats.

We arrived back in Perth around 2am on Wednesday December 12, 268 days after we had departed Sydney bound for Santiago.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Singapore's version of the London Eye Singapore's version of the London Eye
Singapore's version of the London Eye

It hadn't opened yet when we were there


Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0608s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb