Hop on- Hop off


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
April 26th 2007
Published: April 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Who's that handsom man?Who's that handsom man?Who's that handsom man?

It's daddy! Well, his noggin on a statue in China Town in Singapore. Have I mentioned we like China Towns?
Hop on- Hop off

We were in Singapore- the other cleanest city ever- for just a few days but saw everything on our list to do and see.

We stayed at the Raffles Plaza- a fancy hotel. Every time I walked in I got that feeling like I was sneaking in to a fancy hotel to use the toilet and someone might tell the security guards. But I had a room key and they let me in, ripped jeans and old flip flops and all.

We didn't know exactly where to start, so we hopped on the bus and went around the bus route, hopping off when we saw points of interest. The first stop was the Merlion statue at the sea.

This guy is half lion and half fish- a symbol of the city. He had red rust dribbling down his jowls that made him look like he just had a bite out of a tourist.

We did actually sneak into the Fullerton hotel- just to use the bathroom. That was probably the most extravagant hotel I've been in. We didn't stay long.

We also saw places like the National museum and library and a huge Chinese market where I got a few cool scrolls.

Orchard Street- oh my god- a couple of miles of nothing but mall and shopping centers put KL's massive complexes to shame. I couldn't even pull myself together to get off the bus and have a look around. It was too overwhelming we cruised by on and stopped instead at the Eski Bar.

Burrrr!!!! For a girl and her dad form Texas, this is a cold place! It's a novelty bar that stays at 0 degrees Celsius. A good way to keep your beer frosty. We had a quick Hinekan and went outside for some hot air (and Thai food!)

We also had dinner at the nicest little place- a old church grounds that had been transformed into a restaurant. Very good food.

We packed up from Singapore and head Down Under for a visit with a kangaroo...



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Pretty Pretty
Pretty

a window from the church
brainfreezebrainfreeze
brainfreeze

Burrrr! Here we are at the Ecki Bar!
DinnerDinner
Dinner

Where we had dinner


Tot: 0.426s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 62; dbt: 0.2602s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb