Long time no write!


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Sentosa Island
August 20th 2008
Published: August 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

What a jam packed week and a bit it's been! Here's a brief summary of the events.

Mon 11th - Got to Perth airport and met Ben's sister Lauren and hubby Chris.

Tues 12th - Went to Fremantle, had a mooch about the shops, went along the marina, visited a roundhouse jail (one of the first in Western Australia) that fired a cannon which was bloody loud!

Weds 13th - Visited Perth city (Ben' sister lives in a town abot 40 mins away called Jarradale). Lovely place, wished we had more time to explore (oh well an excuse to go back!). Met Ben's dad's cousin Margaret who was really lovely and knew lots about the area. Visited King's Park which had divine gardens, a tree top walk and gorgeous views of the city.

Thurs 14th - Started our road trip (and was our 9th wedding anniversary - ahhh) down south of Perth. Went to a place called Margaret River (en route stopped at a service station and Ben and Lauren had curried emu pies - nice!) which has lots of winneries and divine views (of course we visited a winnery - it would be rude not to!). Had a lovely romantic anniversary dinner in the evening and then met up with Lauren and Chris afterwards.

Fri 15th - Travelled onto a place alled Pemberton with lot's more winneries (before you start to worry, Chris doesn't drink wine so while Ben, Lauren and I were getting merry, he was chilin' in the car!).Went to a meadery and tried some honey wines, liquors and beers - interesting tastes! And then onto another couple of winneries after that - it is THE BEST fun! Stayed the night (don't fall off your chairs - especially you Sarah D!) in a caravan park!

Sat 16th - Drove onto Bridgetown stopping en route at the Glouster Tree, a MASSIVE karri tree that you can climb and see for miles around. Ben and Chris climbed to the top (Ben is stil getting over it!), I managed to climb about 10 feet and then gave up.

Sun 17th - Back to Jarradale.

Flew to Singapore on monday and it's fan-chuffing-tastic! Absolutely loving it here. Yesterday we went on the Singapore flyer (biggest wheel in the world), had our feet nibbled on by little turkish fish at the foot spa (very ticklish - have never heard Ben giggle so much in my life! We were both very embarssing!) and went to the night Safari (FAB but can't take any piccies with a flash). Am off to Sentosa today, an island thats like a giant fun park.
The only thing we're a bit stunned about is the price of beer. We had two pints each in the hotel bar last night and it cost us just over 31 pound! They were nice beers but not that nice!
Fly home tomorrow which is bonkers as it only seems two minutes since we flew out. May add another blog, not sure. Once again no facility to add piccies - boo!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.065s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb