A jam on Sentosa


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Sentosa Island » Siloso Beach
July 25th 2010
Published: July 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Cable car to SantosaCable car to SantosaCable car to Santosa

A day at Santosa Island, underwater aquarium and luge run
Saturday was spent on Sentosa Island just off the southern end of Singapore. We travelled across to the island via the Jewel Cable Car which we jumped on at Faber Hill which takes you into the center of Santosa. Santosa is a entertainment Center with attractions such as Universal Studios, Underwater Aquarium, Sky tower, gGolf course and Hotels.
We started our day with a dip in the sea at Silso Beach before heading to the Underwater Aquarium. It seams that the trend of ramming as many people as you can into a small area is not just promoted by the likes of Chesington and Thorpe park as we could hardly move or see half the tanks due to the massive crowds. Did get close to dolphins after show but typically camera battery died.
The kids did however enjoy the visit and a pleasant lunch there helped me to forget my grumbles.
Our second attraction was to have a Thrilling ride (not) on the Luge run. To make the best of it I (moe)went as fast as I could which resulted in a shorter ride than expected, Sue and the kids used it more as a sight seeing run.
One thing we have been impressed with so far is public transport and have found it very easy to get around the island either on the buses or the under ground system. still to use the taxis which we've been told are good if not expensive.
Because of the low exchange it does not make for a cheap visit and you can't help commenting on the price of everything, for example a beer in some bars is £6 or though you can find cheaper in the street diners.
One thing that we have found welcoming is the people who on the whole are very friendly and always willing to help you out.

Body clock still adjusting. Didn't get up until after 12am as didn't realise it was so late but consider it a Sunday lay in. Off to Zoo now




Advertisement



Tot: 0.28s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.058s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb