What we have done so far...


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Little India
May 13th 2006
Published: May 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Sentosa - fountainsSentosa - fountainsSentosa - fountains

So pretty and classical music was pumped out of speakers. Spend an hour around here.
Hiya everyone and it has been great to hear from you all.
We are really enjoying Singapore's attractions and cleanliness and we would recommend it to everyone - the only draw back is the heat (although today is quite cold so far).
The cost of food is great (30p for noodles) and the transport, when we get it on the odd occasion, is very cheap (20p).
In the last couple of days we have been to the botanical gardens and sentosa and suntec city. The Botanical gardens was so good we spent the whole day there!! There were many downpours but there were enough trees to duck under (see pictures).
We also went to Sentosa yesteday (the fun island) - so although we didnt do much of the "fun stuff" as you had to pay for it ( you know a good 2 or 3 quid each!! i know expensive hehe) there were lovely fountains and jungle treks and a beach (see pictures).
We headed then onto suntec city (shopping with the largest fountain in the world but it was turned off because of the buddist festival..oops). But it was great as loads of children did little performances. Sweet.
We cant really get into any shopping yet as we know we cant buy much and the western stuff isnt much cheaper as no sales yet. So we are just gonna buy a few little tacky tourist things.
Its my birthday today and so we might treat ourselfs to one of their many mcdonalds ( as not had yet..) and a big slushy (yes dad a massive slushy for like 40p)!!! And we are going to redo little india stuff.
Write soon X


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



13th May 2006

Lucky You
How nice, looks like a great birthday No need to buy my tacky present until the end of the tour Ken
13th May 2006

Heat
Yes the heat is the same all year round. You just need to take a bottle of water round everywhere with you. Get a one day travel card and go on the MRT round the whole island, some of it is below ground, but a lot of it is above. As we said before go the Boat Quay and Clarke Quay especially at night. Emerald Hill is interesting (buildings) off Orchard Road. Have you been to Raffles yet?? Singapore is so clean and safe. Glad you are enjoying it. Did you go on the cable car to sentosa?
13th May 2006

Battle box
I know it costs money - but did you go into the "Battle Box" in Fort Canning?? Have you tried the satay stalls (food)? I think the food halls are quite cheap (in the malls).
13th May 2006

Night Safari
If you can spare the money - you must go on the night safari.
14th May 2006

noodle doodle?
Noodle doodle or noddle doddle - whichever! Glad to hear you are sampling the local cuisine - and at 30p that's Bobby-style:-) Fab pix - keep them coming! Mum xxx
15th May 2006

I'm so jealous
I really really am jealous! Tanya did you have a nice birthday? Fabulous pictures - it looks amazing! Where's your next top?
16th May 2006

hi
hi glad you are having a brill time. What is Little India? Raffles - well will they let you in? Take some pics of some flowers for grannie! Love liz, john, chris and susannah
17th May 2006

Amazing!
Yes yes, all amazing! Hehehe treating yourself to McDonalds on your birthday...thats funny!

Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 17; qc: 72; dbt: 0.0707s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb