Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Little India
October 9th 2009
Published: October 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Singapore

We arrived in Singapore late and made our way to Mt Emily guest house. The first night all 5 of us crammed into one small room, it was fun!


We enjoyed shopping down Orchard Road and I was so stocked to find all the London shops that I love. Mum and Dad introduced us to Moss Burger a place that does yummy variations of burgers including a salad burger and a rice burger. We all enjoyed it and thought it would do really well in New Zealand.



It been so handy having Scott living in Singapore because he knows all the good places to eat at good prices. We all really enjoyed eating out at Newton which was an outdoor space full of different eateries and you get to have a try of many. Once again we ended up ordering another banquet and going home very stuffed.



One highlight was going to the Long Bar at the famous Raffles Hotel we all meet there and enjoyed Singapore Slings which cost a fortune but was worth it. The boy's ordered half a yard which was fun to drink out off. While sipping on our drinks we were given a huge bowl of monkey nuts which you de-shell and throw on the ground, a fascinating experience. You should have seen the floor once we had finished.



We brought tickets on the city tour bus which took us all over the place Mum and I enjoyed the Orchard Gardens inside the Botanical Gardens, while the boys rested and waited for us under a tree. Included in our ticket was a boat ride in town which we chose to do at night and really showed Singapore off.
Mum, Dad, Stu, Dale and I took a day trip to Sentosa Island just off the coast of Singapore; it is the farther East of Asia that you can go. While there we had a look around had a look at the beach and climbed to the top of a lookout point.
It was so nice to be together as a family and experience things all together.



Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Wow Wow
Wow

What a journey
Nice oneNice one
Nice one

Trust you to find this place!
OHHHOHHH
OHHH

Think it was a bit too much for Dale


Tot: 0.251s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0548s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb