48 hours @ One Farrer Hotel Singapore (Oct 2020)


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Little India
October 18th 2020
Published: November 7th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Sunday, 18th October 2020

It was a rainy day that greeted us this morning. Even so, this did not dampen our mood as we embarked on our staycation at One Farrer Hotel. H was held up with work in the morning so I decided to check-in earlier while waiting for him to arrive in the afternoon.

I arrived at the hotel lobby sometime after 1pm today and was amazed at how quiet it was. Times were really bad as a result of Covid-19 pandemic. During check-in, I was informed that we had gotten an upgrade to the Skyline Room at level 18 of the property.

Breakfast was served at the Garden Pavilion at level 6 on day one and at the Club Lounge at level 18 on day two of our stay. I believed the hotel was running at such a low occupancy and it made sense to consolidate the guests together at one location.

Our spacious room opened up to a beautiful view of the city as well as the Little India Civic District. There was nothing much to complain about for our two nights stay. The room that we stayed in was extremely quiet and the swimming pool at level 6 of the property was huge by all standards. And it helped that on the few occasions that I used the facility, I had the pool to myself.

We spent most of our time cooped up in the room today even though being next door to Little India meant that we found some time to explore the area at night. Dinner on Sunday was Indian cuisine consisting of biryani as well as different varieties of curry sauces that came with it. I was amazed by the generous portion and it was a mission impossible trying to finish the array of food in front of me!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0319s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb