Lazy Rainy Day


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Holland Village
July 23rd 2010
Published: July 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Holland VillageHolland VillageHolland Village

Our own plates..........notice the smaller portion sizes. Americans could learn from Asians
Thursday July 23, 2010


I awoke Thursday morning to heavy thunderstorms so once again I spent time catching up, cruising the internet and of course catching up with friends on facebook, since it was not allowed in China.

Rich is done with work on Friday so we will have Saturday and Sunday to explore, and finish up any shopping we want to do before we head home on Monday. Arriving in Atlanta sometime around 4pm, which will be 4am our time so expect blurry eyes if you happen to see us wondering around.

Thursday evening we decided to head to the Holland Village area. This is described as the expat area of Singapore and is a converted sight of army barracks. We had been told about a restaurant called Michelangelos that had been around for some time and had some wonderful Italian food and a great wine list. We are very happy these days to eat anything that is not served from a communal plate so we were excited to head on over. We ordered a couple of glasses of a great Cabernet called No Regrets and after two glasses each we decided it was named appropriately.
Holland VillageHolland VillageHolland Village

Rich playing with the Camera............I need to get back in the sun!!


We then decided to walk around the area a little bit to check out the area. We ran across a restaurant called Everything with Fries............and had a chuckle that of course that restaurant would be in the expat neighborhood. We were also surprised for the first time to see liter. Singapore has very strict laws regarding littering and we were somewhat embarrassed that this area had the most we had ever seen in Singapore. We selected a spot to stop and have our last drink of the evening called Harrys. I am afraid to say that I became a tourist and ordered a blue drink! After our dinner we headed home and caught up with Jared on line for a bit and headed to bed. Stay tuned tomorrow evening we have a Business dinner in Little India.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Holland VillageHolland Village
Holland Village

Street area
Holland VillageHolland Village
Holland Village

We were not sure what this establishment exactly catered to.........
Holland VillageHolland Village
Holland Village

Silly Tourist Drink


23rd July 2010

I finally caught up on all your blogs today. I've been out of commission with my surgery yesterday. but am now in recovery mode - thank God! By the way, I got up at 3:30 for my surgery - but that's not a big deal for me, right Andrea! We had a good time with my family in Milwaukee last weekend. Tim and Dan went to the casino for an hour and Tim proceeded to win $1250 - can you believe it! Enough about us - sounds like your trip is ending on a high note! What could be better than shopping, eating, and drinking, I say! Can't wait to see you next week!

Tot: 0.156s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 67; dbt: 0.0784s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb