27 hrs @ Village Hotel Changi (Jul 2016)


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Changi
July 16th 2016
Published: July 16th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Start: Saturday, 16th July 2016 (1300 hrs)
End: Sunday, 17th July 2016 (1600 hrs)

This was probably the longest 2-Day 1-Night staycation that I had experienced thus far. We booked our room way in June 2016 taking advantage of the Agoda Secret Deals and the UOB discount program.

The day arrived before we knew it. We had the pleasure of checking-in to our Club Room on Saturday afternoon and checking-out at 4pm on the next day. During check-in, we were very pleased to learn that our booking came with a complimentary late check-out. There were other perks too including a complimentary hop-on and off city tour, a complimentary shuttle to Changi Airport and even access to the Airport Lounge which we did not utilise. However, we did make use of the complimentary one hour bicycle rental the following morning.

Our room at level 6 had certainly seen better days as it appeared tired at some corners. This was especially apparent for the bathroom. Nevertheless, certain things were done really well including the powerful rain showers, efficient wifi speed, cool air-conditioning and very comfy beds. The one great perk about staying in a Club Room was that food was fully taken care of from the time we arrived until the time we left the following day.

Before we headed to the roof-top pool, we helped ourselves to some complimentary nibbles and a nice Nespresso brew. The swimming pool at level 8 of the hotel was an ideal spot for planes watching over the Changi coast. We did a couple of laps in the pool even though for most of the time, we were contented to enjoy the jazucci pool that the property had to offer.

Dinner that evening was a simple and fulfilling affair at the lounge. There were plenty of greens, some sandwiches, satays and glutinous rice tapas - all nicely whipped up. We headed to Changi Village for some local shopping. What we liked about this neighbourhood was its laid back vibe without the maddening NTUC crowds of the commercial malls that seemed to appear in all corners of Singapore.

We woke up at 6am the following morning to catch a glimpse of the rising sun as it made its ascent over the coast. The rooftop pool offered an excellent vantage point for this morning activity.

At 7.30am, we returned back to the lounge where a nicely prepared breakfast awaited us. The Nasi Lemak was really amazing. We headed back to the pool to work out the excess calories before catching some last minute rest in our room until it was time for us to say goodbye.

This was a fantastic staycation even though it started normally when we entered our club room. However, as the day progressed, it turned out to be a great weekend experience as we left the property fully rested at the end of the 27 hours.

Thank you Village Hotel Changi for the pleasant stay. We would be back again someday.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0357s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb