Beginning of our travels...


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Changi
November 9th 2012
Published: November 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone,

Decided to try and do a blog while we are traveling as it's an easy (well we hope it is) way to allow our friends and family to keep up to date with what we are up to!

As most of you are aware i am not the best flyer and our flight to Singapore was 13hours!!! It was actually much better than anticipated, infact one of the most enjoyable flights I have been on (and I wasn't even drunk!) The plane was so big (it had two floors) that I hardly felt anything. There was plenty to do on the flight to keep paul entertained, we had our own tv which had movies,tv,music, games etc on. There was a skycam we could watch...which was a webcam attached to the outside of the plane, Paul enjoyed watching this for take off and landing, I wasn't quite so brave!!

After a long flight we arrived to changi airport in Singapore! Wow...what an amazing airport! If we had known it was so big, we wouldn't have bothered with booking a hotel! There is everything you could think of here, even a swimming pool!

We enjoyed two nights in a hotel in changi village, just outside of Singapore. This was lovely as changi village remains quite traditional and gave us the opportuinity to experience a little bit of their culture (eating in a hawker and my first singapore sling!). We had a full day exploring Singapore city, which was really interesting! Singapore had lots of high skyscraper buildings, they really are huuuge!

We are currently in changi airport due to fly to Perth tonight and will be staying in a hostel for the first couple of nights!



Hope it's not too cold at home 😉 haha

Vicky and Paul xx

Advertisement



9th November 2012

liking technology
sounds like was goos call 2 stop over. At least nect flight not so bad. Shame no gym on plane for paul lol. Enjoy nxt flight. Love idea of web cam
9th November 2012

Happy travels Paul and Vicky
Wow! this is gr8 thanks to modern technology eh ?! Good to hear youre having a fantastic time. Glad u enjoyed the flight too :) xxx
9th November 2012

We're Not Jealous!
Hi Vicky and Paul well done, you have had a good start to your world tour. Watching golf this morning from Singapore, delayed due to storm. Hope your flight to Aus not affected. Scorching here! :0) Have fun and take care.xx

Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0268s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb