on our way to perth


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Changi
January 7th 2009
Published: January 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


we are in singapore airport at the moment waiting for our 3rd flight of the day!its been a long 1!

so we eventually made it to Probolinggo(or pelligrino as nick called it in his last blog-he used to play for liverpool!)

we went to the public bus station in Bali, which took an hour, then waited on the bus for 3hrs until it was full. we arrived in Probolinggo 8.5hrs later with the intention of heading straight for a bed as we were pooped-but no that didnt happen. we got chucked off the bus at a travel agent and he persuaded us to hang around his gaff for another 3 hrs then go to the volcano for sunrise. sounded like a good idea at the time. so after getting showered with a bum gun (anyone been to asia will know what i mean!) we set off up mountain. we arrived at 1st not at the volcano itself but to a viewpoint on a nearby mountain, it was pitch black and a bit nippy. rather amusing actually as we just got our fleeces out and the asians were all wrapped up with scarf anf gloves! bless em.

so the sun rose and much to our dissapointment we couldnt see a sodding thing as it was way cloudy. although the pics have come out misterious and eary (all be it not the 1s of me without a nights shut eye)so then we drove half hr to the actual volcane MOUNT BROMO (try saying that in a dracula voice sounds cool) anyway after a tough 2300metre walk to the top (can tell i havent done any squats for a while) we were at the top. it was stunning. The smoke was bellowing out of the top as we looked down into the crator, no malten lava and no little men collecting sulpher (that was another 1) but still what an amazing sight.(pics will come soon)

so from there we decided we still didnt need to goto bed so we got the bus straight to Yogyakarta (pronounced Jogja) which is the 3rd biggest city in java with alot more character then Jakarta or so weve been told. 9hrs later we arrived got a nice room and crashed out.

Jogja was cool, went to the sultans palace, saw the locals making puppets out of buffalo leather (apparently the bloke we saw had made 1 for prince charles 3 months ago) then to the batik art centre were they make paintings from cloth and wax and natural dyes. the day after we went to the 1st and 2nd sultans water palace which was basically a secret place the sultan went to "be friendly" with his concubines (hookers to me and you) then to a bird market were they had dyed some pink-i wanted 1 to go with my fruit bat.

so now we are waiting in singapore airport for 8 hrs in total ( we have already been on 2 planes today) that is why you have this lengthy blog to read cos i am bored and cannot sleep. we arrive in perth 3am local time on the 8th so about 8am on the 8th for you lot in sunny hull.

promise more pics to come so keep intouch

love to you all xxx lea xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.29s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0417s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb