Boracay an island paradise?


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines
August 5th 2013
Published: August 5th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We always travel to the Philippines almost every year always staying in the southern tip of the Philippines which is Luzon. So last year on my son graduation from college, we gave him a trip to the Philippines which include a trip to Boracay. Boracay is a small island in the Philippines located approximately 315 km. from Manila, Philippines. It is a tropical island surrounded by stunning white sand beaches about an hour flight from Manila. The best time to go there is nov.- April when beach is calm and very suitable for swimming, although I don't recommend foreign tourists to go in march- April because that's the influx of local tourists spending their vacation and Holy Week (week celebration in the Phil.) hotel prices are high and the island is crowded. We chose the month of June to go to boracay.

We took a plane from Manila to kalibo international airport. There are lots of different aircraft that you can book, from Cebu pacific air, china air lines, Philippine air lines, and zest air ways. Mini vans, coaster buses will take you to caticlan jetty port. Be sure to ask if your ticket includes a ferry ticket to boracay. ($5-7 fare depending if you take minivan or comfortable bus.) they also charge environmental fee environment and preserve the environment which is less than $5. After stepping off the boat you can ride in a tricycle(motorcycle with a side car) that will take you to your hotel at a very reasonable price of $2 or if you booked a hotel prior to your arrival, hotel agents or representative will take you to your hotel for free.

Boracay island is the most popular tourist destination in the Philippines. We enjoy the water activities from snorkeling, diving, island hopping swimming in the prestine water. Seafoods are abundant in the island and buying souvenirs for your love ones back home is very cheap. Hotels are very reasonable price depending on the amenities. My son enjoys it so much that he wants to go back to the island again. This time it will be his treat for us now that he got a nice job.


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0245s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb