Grand Turk!! Amazing experience


Advertisement
Published: August 1st 2013
Edit Blog Post

The Turks and Caicos islands consist of 40 islands and cays, eight of which are inhabited. The islands are located 550 miles southeast of Miami Florida just below the Bahamas chain and just to the east of Cuba and also the island of Dominican Republic and Haiti. Interesting to know that the turks and Caicos are located in the Atlantic Ocean, not the Caribbean. Best thing to do in this island is to do snorkel on the pristine coral reef and see stingray at play. We also drive around on a guided tour and saw several 18th century churches, beautiful bermudian -style buildings and salt ponds. while we were driving, we saw wild horses and donkeys freely roaming the streets. We also enjoy the 150+ year old working light house and visit "the salt house" a recreated 17th century salt pan that chronicles the history of the salt and slave industry. This place is my favorite place in the Caribbean because of the prestine water and very laid back life. Do you know that unemployment rate in this island is zero? another interesting fact, do you also know that police don't carry guns while on duty, instead they carry flashlights. One more thing, this is the only international airport that you do not have to pay to park your car and you can leave it there until you come back from your trip even if it takes you a year to come back. Wow!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.054s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb