Olongapo City Insiders


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Subic
July 6th 2010
Published: July 6th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Olongapo: Bits and pieces

Olongapo is derived from "Ulo ng Apo", which means head of the chieftain.
You will be overwhelmed by the slogan welcoming you in bold letters written on the wall or along the highway, which says " Fighting for Excellence" and "Bawal ang tamad sa Olongapo."
You will be fascinated by the active night life of the people, where the nights are like days and the days are like night.
You will be enliven by the colorful jeepneys and tricycle which represent the transportation system of Olongapo City.
You will know that people just call Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority as the gate, "loob", Subic which later on confuse you with Subic town.
You will be annoyed with those taxi barkers, who follows and offer you to ride their taxi. Plus the taxi, they're refering to is not the common meter-automated taxi but service taxis which really costs some money.
You will realize that you live in both in two different world. i could smell some social stratification here.
You will realize that it's becoming another Baguio or Cebu because of the presence of foreigners mostly from South Korea.
You will be amazed by how much people love videoke so much even though it means playing it until dawn disregarding your neighbors because you know that they'll make revenge at other times.
You will surely be a party animal due to the presence of clubs, bars of different type.
You will surely miss SM. But don't worry because you can always go to Duty-free with their free shuttle which made you save Php 8.00.
There's more to it. I can't name it all.





Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1015s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb