CYC and Siete Pecados


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Palawan » Coron
April 20th 2008
Published: May 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

And now, we're down to our last two places in Coron.

We visited CYC beach first. I believe this stands for Coron Youth Club. It is the only public beach (and free!) in the vicinity. It was a good place to stay into. There were lots of people here, and like the skeleton wreck, we didn't really go to the beach. Instead, we snorkeled and snorkeled.

After some time, we were to our last destination - Siete Pecados. They said it was one of the greatest snorkeling spots. And yes, the place was really great!

Just the day before, our tour guide told us of the myth of the place. Siete Pecados is named such because it is believed that there were 7 kids left behind in the island. Wanting to escape from the island, they swam and swam. Unfortunately, no one made it out of the sea alive. Where they drowned is where new 7 isolated islands in the middle of the sea are located. The biggest and farthest, as the tourist guide narrates, was the eldest son.

Finally, we were able to reach the place. At first, you wouldn't notice that there were 7, but as we came closer it was evident. We were told that the fishes here are protected from fishermen, hence there was a keeper. And some fees too.

And the hype didn't fail us! We saw really great corals! and great fishes too!


What a great way to end our island hopping. It was sad leaving the place, but it was great that we were able to explore this part of our country! I'd definitely go back!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0771s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb