Birthday @ Boracay


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Boracay
June 9th 2008
Published: June 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


They say Boracay is one of the best beaches in the world .

I've been going here for some time already and I agree its such a beautiful place. And I've always been planning to come back here every time!

From Manila, capital of the Philippines, there are numerous ways to go there. All of them end at one destination - Caticlan, where you take a short 5-10 minute ride to Boracay. The easiest way is to go via plane and land in Caticlan via smaller planes (due to the short runway of its airport). Another option is to go by Plane to Kalibo, Aklan and take an hour and a half bus or shuttle ride to Caticlan. I heard that there are planes travelling directly from South Korea and Taipei and other Places going to Kalibo. The cheaper alternatives from Manila are via Bus (around a 14 hour ride that includes the bus getting on a ferry at 2 points) or via ferries that go to Caticlan. Our chosen option was to go to via Plane to Kalibo.

Boracay is best known for what is called the white beach. It is a long 3.7 kilometer of serene turquoise blue water and sand that is talcum-fine and white! The best part, the sand doesn't heat up even if the sun is at it's hottest. Along this beach is also where most of the hotels are and you can choose between budget or luxury accomodations. Different food choices are all over too with the wide variety of cuisines. There are lots of fun and interesting things to see here too. At night,some of these turn to be real party places.

There are a lot of things to do at the island. For a fee, you can do lots of watersports - kiteboarding, windsurfing, skimboarding etc and other fun things to do like parasailing, jetski, banana boat, flying fish and a whole lot more! You can also do boat trips or go island hopping and see the other surrounding islands either in a private setting or with a group. In here you do snorkeling,visiting of islands, etc! The fishes are good here too. SCUBA diving choices are offered as well. If you don't want to get wet, there is also a glassbottom boat where you can see the corals and fishes below! What my family did was an island hopping tour and went to different interesting places.

At the island itself, there is a golf-course, (but not a lot of people go, hey they go here for the beach), ride ATV's, hike Mt. Luho do wall-climbing, horse-riding and a lot of other things. Volleyball and frisbee are played everywhere. Sometimes there are people who also do Poi.

And there are lots of beaches to choose from. There's Puka Beach (where there are lots of Puka shells) where there's not much people but the place is good. There's white beach (where its always busy) and some other less visited choices (I'm sure some just want peace and quiet)

One of the best things to do is to actually do nothing. Lay in the sand and enjoy the view. The sunset is perfect!


I'll definitely go back again here again!




Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



26th August 2008

nice!
ang ganda naman!

Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0525s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb