Manila Bay Cruise


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Manila
January 23rd 2012
Published: April 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We were able to use the voucher that my sister purchased September of last year from Sun Cruises through Pakyaw deal. The deal was a 66% off on a Manila Bay Cruise valid for 1 and half hour cruise with set dinner onboard M/V Spirit of Manila. From the regular P550 she only paid P188 each. She purchased 2 vouchers and the other voucher was for me. We took our 2 daughters with us(Hannah and Dana) and the kids are still free since we declared them as 2 year olds 😊 If you have more than a 2 year old kid, I think you have to pay already the regular price of P550.

We got to the docking area(behind Folk Arts Theater) at around 4:45PM so we waited till the registration started at 5:15PM. Once on the registration, we were told that the seats available for us were only on the lower deck, I thought maybe it was on a first to reserve, first to get to the upper deck kinda basis. After the registration, we waited to board for the 6:15PM-7:30PM schedule that we chose. During that time that we waited, Hannah and Dana are already so naughty, running around the waiting area and impatiently asking when will we board the cruise. After awhile, it was already 6:15PM so we were already told that boarding is now open. So we lined up and entered M/V Spirit of Manila.

My sister and I noticed that all those on the upper deck has a sticker on their chest while we, on the lower deck, has none. Apparently, the once on the upper deck paid the regular price of P550, while all those on the lower deck availed the Pakyaw deal and all the other deals from other sites. So that explains who gets to the upper and lower deck… hmm.We’re not complaining though since we’re on the airconditioned room while they’re on an open air area. Anyway, our set dinner included a sweet and sour fish, beef teriyaki(I think, not sure), 3 small cuts of potato and for dessert we had buko pandan. The dinner was ok, nothing spectacular, just enough to feed a hungry stomach, anyway I didn’t get the chance to eat the dessert since Hannah chowed it up to the last bite..haha! I was thinking, maybe it tasted so good!

After our dinner, we got out of the airconditioned room to enjoy the scene outside. It was chilly when we got out and there were already a couple of people outside also admiring the view from the sea such as the towering buildings from afar and also SM Mall of Asia. After some picture taking we got up and saw what it’s like on the upper deck. Well there was a band playing and it has more space than the lower deck. I can’t help but think maybe their food was also different from us, just thought so. Anyway, while outside, there were parts of the ship that we can’t go through so basically we just stayed in front of the lower and upper deck. After 45 minutes on the cruise you just wanna go out and leave since there’s nothing much to do anymore.

All in all, we did enjoy the Manila Bay Cruise. I wouldn’t mind going again this time with the sun still out. I just thought to try maybe the Prestige Cruises next time since they have a Cruise only rate of P250 and a Cruise with set dinner for only P450, much lower than Sun Cruises.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0494s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb