Sea and Sky Hotel


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » La Union » San Fernando
January 22nd 2007
Published: January 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

I've dreamed of an Asia trip for a long time now. Let me tell a little bit of how this trip finally happened for me. For a decade, I've accumulated travel miles with Northwest Airlines. Last year, in June 2006, I met the brother and family of my friend, Donald. Jojoff, his wife and three children were in the US visiting family. Jojoff invited me to come visit them in Cebu City, so I began to plan the trip. Since the winter is a slow time in real estate, I decided to make it quite a long 'working' vacation. I guess I can call it a working vacation, since I also made plans to speak at some schools in LaUnion Province, and in Cebu City. Speaking to students comes easy for me, since I have taught elementary school, and was an Air Force instructor for many years. It would be exciting, fun, and rewarding to talk about American culture and schools with Filipino students.

Only through the support of Donald, and helpful planning of my good friend Daumier, has this trip come together. Daum's parents and sister's family are 'hosting' me now, as we explore the north-eastern coast of the big island of Luzon. Hosting in the sense of showing me around, but I am staying at Sea and Sky Hotel on the north side of San Fernando, La Union.

With family in Cebu City hosting me, I could not be more thrilled to spend time with good people and to learn more about the Filipino culture first hand.

Looking forward to meeting new friends too at the various places.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0484s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb