Mactan, Phillppeans


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Cebu » Mactan Island
January 14th 2010
Published: January 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

This trip was short but nice and relaxing. We made a date with a Cebuana friend beforehand to ask her about where she was from and any insider hints she might have. She taught us a handfull of the local Visaya language which was greatly appriciated during the trip. I took off afterwork on Thursday and arrived at about 2am. Mr. Kim a really nice man was our escort since we arranged the trip through a Korean travel agency. We didnt really care to do all of the touristy things that he had planned for us but since the all inclusive trip was less expensive than the airfare alone it was no brainer.
He took us to our hotel which was really nice and on the water with one big infinity pool and 2 other pools. The landscaping was really nice too. While there, they held a community/church party. The staff was all really nice and laid-back. The first day we went for a walk into one of the small communities that was near the hotel. It was hidden behind a cement wall. we entered throught a hole in that wall. There houses here were small and on stilts. We saw mostly young mothers and a lot of babies and children. There were some pigs in pens. The women and kids were so excited to see us. They waved or followed us with big smiles and asked us where we were going. Then we got in a motorcycle taxi and went to check out the local historical site where the natives defeated Magellian. We then we ate fresh fish and shrimp. I had a beer and Nastinka had a mango smoothy. Life is good. Afterwards decided to check out the beach at the Shangri La hotel. We didnt realize that the price to 'use' the beach was $40 per person for the day. We left and walked back to our place. Took a little nap and played a game of chess on the patio. That night, after eating a peach chicken dinner plate at hour hotel, we went out with Mr. Kim and had some Korean food then to a Kareoke bar and then to a casino where I went in with 20 quickly earned 200 then lost it all. oops. returned home, watched the simpsons and went to sleep.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.288s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.057s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb