Melon and Michelle say hello to Hong Kong, Philippines and Singapore


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Boracay
May 7th 2013
Published: May 7th 2013
Edit Blog Post

After a 9 hour night bus from Banaue we arrived in Manila at 4am. We jumped in a taxi and headed to the airport where we waited for 11 hours for our flight to Kalibo. Once we arrived in Kalibo we caught a 2 hour coach ride to Caticlan where we caught a boat to the island or Boracay. Finally, at 930pm, we had arrived. We had a drink then went straight to bed, best sleep ever!

There isnt much to say about Boracay other than its a paradise beach resort that needs to be seen to be believed. The sand is white, the ocean blue, the sun shines and the food and drink flows. The beach is littered with palm trees and sailing boats and has to be the most beautiful beach I have seen. Boracay is a fab island, both fun and relaxing and we are sad that we didnt get to spend more time there. We only stayed a couple nights but enjoyed every minute of it. We had mexican and Hawaiian food and drinks in a bar run by midgets...the chefs working in the beach restaurants doubled up as dancers and the fire entertainers rocked to gangnam style. Boracay was a blast- beautiful sunset and happy people.

From here we made our way back to dreaded Manila for yet another day at the airport...our last day in the Philippines 😞 We were headed to Singapore!

I had reservations about going back to Singapore, except for the great food I wasnt convinced it had much to offer. But, for two days we managed to entertain ourselves and see some cool sights. We visited china town where I tried more chinese desserts, yummy. We then went to Little India where we had more food and shopped for a sari. We then went shopping on Orchard Street. Singapore was a bit like Honk Kong in that its main attractions are the food and the shops. We had dinner in China town then went to see the Garden Rhapsody show. It was very pretty, it kind of reminded us of a scene out of avatar. Ive attached pics as its a little weird to describe. From there we went to Marina bay to watch the light show which was really well done. They used holograms to project images over the bay- looked good against the sky scrapers. We also visited the helix bridge before heading to the famous Marina bay Sands for drinks at the rooftop bar, right by the infinity pool.

The next day was spent at the botanical gardens. It was such a massive park, my feet nearly fell off from all the walking. From there we headed to the pissing Lion as Michelle calls it (Merlion Park).. Its a Lion head and mermaid body statue/water fountain-the national symbol of Singapore. We walked through the financial district to one of the food courts notorious for satay. the food was gooooood! We headed back to the Marina bay sands and watched the sunset over the Singapore skyline- perfect end to a brilliant amazing and fun 3 week trip. As always its never long enough.

Until next time...M x


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 14; qc: 44; dbt: 0.058s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb