What to do, what to do?


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Boracay
March 4th 2011
Published: October 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This morning around 11:15 I went back to the dive center to ask about their dives for the day and who would be the dive masters. I settle on a dive leaving at noon for Camia's Reef, a wreck dive nearby. This dive went much better and I went with Jade and a German girl doing her Advanced certification and they were both respectful and mindful of their surroundings. We saw a lot of cool things there but it was a short dive so I’d like to get my nitrox cert I think. This was about 29 meters so we could only stay 35 minutes without the nitrox.

I talked with Jade about Oliver from yesterday because he’s the head of the diving center and he said he’d talk to him about it, but again didn’t seem very concerned…who knows. Some important information he gave me, though, was about the boat leaving from Boracay to Caticlan. We have a flight leaving tomorrow at 6:50 am, so we had planned to just get the last boat tonight and stay at the airport overnight. Jade told me that there’s a boat that leaves at 5 am, so Ronald and I asked a couple more people and decided to risk it! So we’re staying the night here!

After deciding that, we walked along the beach to find a cheaper place to stay for the night and settled on the dorm down the road. It only has three beds, so we basically have a private room with a nice, powerful fan, and the restrooms are just around the corner. We picked up our bags from the old place, dropped 'em off at the new place, and lazed around the rest of the day. For dinner we got a hamburger with cheese at a stand along the path and were still hungry so we ate at another local place. It was a convenience store that also had the trays of food already prepared. It was a good, cheap dinner before heading to bed…we need to wake up at 4:15 tomorrow morning!

Technical details
The roadside vendor prices rise as you walk from station 3 to station 1 (there are three "stations" on White Beach, but they aren’t marked).
For example, buko juice was 50.00 near our place but as we walked closer to station one, it rose to 80 and then 90; hamburger with cheese near us = 40, hamburger with cheese farther away = 80

Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 14; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0301s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb