Boracay - November 2006


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Boracay
January 27th 2007
Published: January 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Recently had a fun and relaxing trip to the island of Boracay . Toni, Celest and I left for Kalibo the afternoon of Nov 3rd (LJ missed the flight) and got to the island dinner time (around 8ish in the pm). Met Greg there, had buffet dinner, night swimming and a few drinks after. We crashed at Greg's room for a couple of nights... He had two big beds and we were just too happy to join him. Free loaders!


Next morning, we met Greg's friend Scott, had breakfast at this refreshing place called Lemon Cafe' then all headed to Fairways and Bluewaters for some more R & R. Went to Jona's for their famous shakes just before sundown.Ohhh we hadsome great shots of the sunset too! LJ arrived just before dinner and night out, while we were freshening up. Met Michelle and her 2 Italian friends Johnny and Enrico for dinner at Hobbit House. Had coffee after dinner and danced the night away at Summer's Place. It was soooo much fun as the group just didn't care....we danced and danced and danced like nobody's watching! Unfortunately, there were some people closely watching! A group of locals prying on Boracay tourists - who lose their guard once intoxicated... And poor Michelle was their victim. She lost her bag right under our drunk noses! Two cellphones and about three grand.

While there too, we chatted up with the couple we met on at the van and the tricycle ride from Kalibo, Frenchman Michael and his Thai wife Kai. We made plans with them for the next day.


Sunbathing was my main agenda in morning just before meeting Michael and Kai after lunch. We had to find our own place as Greg had to head back home to Manila for work. Found a comfy location at Station 2, near D'Mall for a sweet deal... We were so glad because by that time my cash was close to nothing! After lunch, we took the couple to Fairways and Bluewater for more R & R (hehhehehe).

When we got back to the beach, it was dinner time! We bought 3 lobsters from the locals and had it cooked at the Talipapa, but not before all four of us got into a fight with the guys who sold us the lobsters who tried to rip us off somewhat just because
Pillows by the sandPillows by the sandPillows by the sand

By far the best spot at the beach
we had a foreigner with us. Nevertheless, the dinner was awesome! We had the best time of my lives devouring the poor crustaceans!

I slept for a couple of hours after dinner in preparation for the night out but by the time I got up, it was raining hard and it looked like the plans for a night out has dissolved. My friends have all decided to call it a night! Fortunately, by midnight the rain stopped and LJ and I decided to check out the bars. We saw Michelle, Enrico and Johnny at HEy JUde! so we joined them instead. After a few hours and a lot of drinks, we trooped to Summer Place to play billiards. SInce I don't play billiards, I just stayed at the bar and made some friends with a few people locals and foreigners alike, One of whom I invited back to Michelle's place for some more drinks... By the time we realized that it was time to go, sun was up and everyone was ready for their brunch.

Made plans with the French couple to go island hopping. LJ, Celest, Toni, Michael, Kai and I went to Crocodile island for some
At Puca Beach with the vendors At Puca Beach with the vendors At Puca Beach with the vendors

we were their only market so we were hounded by the vendors in this island. We bought hard boiled quails eggs, chicharon and balut ( a must have for all foreigners)
snorkeling and to Puka Beach for sunbathing and swimming. Got back to our place around dinner time. Had a fabulous dinner at a cheap place near D' Mall... Rained hard again, that it spoiled a lot of people's appetite to go partying... By 1am, we checked out the bars and found them all lame, so unlike the times when I was there New Year's and Holy Week! I called it a night shortly after...

Sunbathed some more on our last day... We found this really cool restaurant with really cool beach chairs and pillows on the sand....So we had breakfast there... omelets! I can't leave the beach without eating one of those...


Hmm......We got to the airport on time and landed in Manila as Cebu Pacific promised... I was impressed... for the first time, Cebu Pacific delivered. To sum up the trip, it was as always, well worth it....

--- IN LOVE WITH BORACAY




Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

me, michelle and celestme, michelle and celest
me, michelle and celest

Michelle is our queen and that is her castle...
our new friendsour new friends
our new friends

Very nice couple Michael from France and Kai from Thailand.
with dance machine scottwith dance machine scott
with dance machine scott

Our American friend Scott who broke my rib while we were dancing... He turns into a madman on the dance floor!


Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0299s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb