Piece of Peace


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Pokhara
May 30th 2016
Published: June 5th 2016
Edit Blog Post

As we ate breakfast on the roof terrace, the clouds lifted and were saw the massive snow capped peaks of the Himalayas. Quite something as we washed down some breakfast curry and chapatis.
Our first morning call was to move white water rafting for tomorrow. Then we hired a large wooden canoe and paddled across the lake to take the stone steps up to the World Peace Pagoda. It was a great walk and quite strenuous; there was shade, great views and a little homestead cafe halfway up where we stopped for lunch and a game of cards on the way back down. It was warm and humid and we consumed a great quantity of water between us all. The kids told each other scary stories as they went up and down and, as a result, they completed the walk without a 'I'm tired'. Pretty good going given that the height we climbed was just over 2,500ft.
As we paddled back we pulled into a remote landing and the kids dunked themselves in the lake to cool off (with strict instructions to keep their mouths closed do as not to take in any water).


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb