Fifth Day in Pokhara


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Pokhara
October 17th 2008
Published: October 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Digging of the trench for the foundation for the garden wall and after that working at the electrics again. A couple of very heavy stones had to be moved for the foundation and everything was done by the children using picks and shovels (and they loved it!) except for the really heavy stones that I had to remove. Electrics was great fun again and another shocking experience (d@#$@#$@%%ned) but OK, we did find out some more of the cabling, including the cabling for the gatelight and the doorbell. We mentioned our evening out for the kids to the leader Bijay but he immediately wanted to make it a fundraiser. All we want is just a fun evening for the kids somewhere else than the home, sigh... Well we just have to be persistent about this and ask HE to help convincing him. But anyway we got a tube in the ground for the garden light and they should be able now to put the pole for it in the wall. We did have to buy some new wires first and I had to go up the roof(!) of the building to get the wire through the tube (straighten the tube and let gravty help ;-). But even that worked out in the end.

After lunch we bought the guitar strings and a bridge so tomorrow I'll try to fix that as well. The owner of the guitar is very keen on playing it again (we hope he will have time to play on the evening at HEHQ). In the home there are two guitars but sadly the second is really beyond repair.



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

The garden wallThe garden wall
The garden wall

This was the best piece of work constructed by the hired help!


Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0477s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb