Flying to kathmandu


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Pokhara
October 22nd 2018
Published: October 22nd 2018
Edit Blog Post

We went to the airport early (6:20), to go to Kathmandu and have a full day there. I write this post 15m after we were supposed to be in the air (7:55) and boarding has not even started.

...

We were just invited to go trough security check. Nice and easy. Just roll your bag trough a scanner, walk trough a gate, ignore the beeping and answer two security questions: 'do you smoke?', 'do you have a knife?'.

Feeling very secure about the fact that all our fellow pessengers are non-smokers, we proceed to wait at the gate. It's 8:24 and no yeti airplane in sight.

Interesting is the low-tech standards here. To show flight info, someone with a remote turned on a smart TV somewhere and started chrome on it. Then used a mouse that just hung there, against the wall, to log into a local website. It's on a password-protected wifi network, but everyone could see his three-letter username and 3-digit password as he typed it.

Anyway 'delayed due to origin weather conditions'. I guess it's a bit foggy. Not too much though and other flights just seem to go.

At last, one hour later, we are boarding :D -- here are some nice photo's from the flight.


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0297s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb