Pokhara to Syanje 08/05


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Pokhara
May 8th 2018
Published: June 4th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Tommy didn’t wake us (despite being up for 30 minutes) and so we had a very frantic rush getting our stuff together and hailed a cab thinking we’d miss the bus. We paid our bus fare and ended up being the lucky ones and actually got a seat for our journey!

The ride was pretty standard - hot, stuffy and extremely overcrowded. Other trekkers were sat in the aisle and piled bags on top of them. We arrived in Besi Sahar, got some money out, gobbled down some awesome chapattis and bumped into a crew from our bus who wanted to go to the same place. So we agreed to share a Jeep to our starting point, Syanje.



This we time we did draw the short straw and ended up piled in the back with the bags, a German and a local wildlife conservationist! We had some laughs in the back and soaked in the ever growingly impressive scenery whilst being bumped, bashed and bruised by the make shift mountain jeep track. Finally after 2hours and mild concussion we arrived in Syanje just as the rains came in...big time! Our new Annapurna crew now includes Kerrie a scouse yoga teacher, Pilu and Alberto two Spaniards who are friends from Madrid. We had food together that night and played cards before retiring to bed at 8:30 ready for an early start on the trail.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0866s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb