Nepal!


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Kathmandu » Thamel
September 16th 2007
Published: September 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Yes, we made it safe and well in Kathmandu, Nepal again! And everything looks the same here, probably because it is only a few months ago!
But Kalu and I are having some bad luck ... after Kalu is here for a week, and I'm here for 5 days, we still didn't got our luggage! Thinking we must have a bad karma, we are trying the best to get it back, but untill now, no good luck! And in our luggage is almost everything, for sure in Kalu's, ALL his clothes, shoes, ... only his kayak and paddle arrived. It also seems like they have no idea where his luggage can be, and it looks like all the tags are off his bag somewhere in the world. I'm less concerned, I'm sure my luggage will come, but have no idea if that will be tomorrow, or in 2 weeks. And as you hear, it takes a lot of our time, and energy away!
And we got some good news ... we gonna be uncle and aunt again (3 times in a few months!!) Uttar and Chandra, Kalu's Brother and sis in law, are getting a baby soon. Ofcourse it took a day or 2 to realise that this is Nepal, and people start very early with kids and so ...
Thefamily is doing good, Mitra is happy in his new (private) school in Kathmandu, and the teachers say he is doing well.
We hope to make it to the village as soon as we have some more news from our luggage!

I went to see the kids in OHC, and they were really excited to see me again! I plan to be there aqs much as possible after school, as there is no volunteer at the moment to help the kids with homework! But also helping Anandi with her job to take care of everything!

Time to go eat dhalbath again! Big hug for all of you! Kalu and Leen


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0257s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb