The Buddist Stupa


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Kathmandu » Thamel
December 9th 2006
Published: December 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

hey guys

well im back in thamel this weekend booking my flight to phokara, its costing us $108.16 US. which isnt too bad, its 20 dollars cheaper than anything else we could get so im happy.

other than that we are staying at Bouda, a buddist stupa. its really amazing.its really calm and peacfull there. we have found a little cafe where the westerners hang out. its good to find these places because thats where you can eat meat. last night i had grilled chicked with mango salsa, potatos, beans, carrots and salad. it was soo good. i ate everything. As you can tell i get really excited about what i eat when it doesnt involve rice and soup.

but this stupa is huge. it about 20m in diameter and its like 3 storeys tall. its surrounded by little shops selling all types of nick nacks, like jewellery, and prayer flags and everything. its really nice to be out of the hussle and bussle of the city. we are staying at a guest house run by monks, so its so clean and tidy, and the people are soo nice.

Other than that this week we have finally started to do some uni work and things based on OT. Last week we interviewed 300 villagers to gain an understanding of their knowlege of health. From the information we gained from them, we have identifiesd 6 areas which they need further health education on, like family planning, safe motherhood, personal hygiene, sanitation etc, and next week we will be running health awarness programs in local schools and the community to educate the people on correct practice.

apart from that nothing much has been happening. On wednesday afternoon we all caught a tuk tuk into a local cinema to watch a Nepali movie. it was meant to ba a cultural movie, but we decided to watch a bollywood called Dhoom 2. it was absolutely hilarious. the funniest thing i have ever seen. there was 13 of us western's in the cinema taking the piss out of this movie. it was great. im goin to try and buy the DVD so i can bring it home. good times, good times

Neway kids i better go
missing you call heaps and will be home in about a months time. time is flying by.
Courtney

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb